CrossFit Inc. is dedicated to the advancement of human health and athletic performance. It is the first fitness organization to provide precise and quantifiable definitions of fitness and health. This precision demands results that are observable, measurable, and repeatable.
To support this mandate, CrossFit is committed to results-based education and training that includes entry-level courses such as the Level 1 Certificate Course and the Level 2 Coach’s Prep Course, as well as advanced credentials such as Certified CrossFit Trainer and Certified CrossFit Coach.
While the certificate courses are open to trainers at all stages of development, CrossFit Certifications are advanced credentials that ensure experienced individuals possess broad knowledge and finely honed abilities in the field of professional training. The certifications provide the public with an assurance of competency and professional accountability by:
- Requiring a significant number of practical coaching hours before application;
- Including examination questions that require analysis and application of knowledge gained from coaching experience;
- Using performance-based examination to evaluate skills and coaching in real time;
- Publishing Standards of Professional Practice to which certified trainers and coaches must adhere;
- Ensuring commitment to a long-term standard of continuing education.
Individuals who have earned Certified CrossFit Trainer or Certified CrossFit Coach credentials will redefine fitness-industry standards through their dedication to results-based programming and training, practical application of knowledge, and comprehensive coaching ability.